“Do the Work”
REQUIREMENTSThese are the things everyone is responsible for completing…
Since we are now 2 groups – that is, some of you are continuing down the path you were on, some are working on the new project, please just go straight to the tab that relates to your path forward to get specific instructions.
NOTE: GNGers…please be sure to also click on the GNG tab and follow those directions this week.
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY
ENGAGE IN YOUR CONTENT AREA
Focus on making steady progress toward significant, measurable outcomes/results. Remember, the next 3 weeks will play a very large part in your grade for this semester. That can be great news, or that can be bad news. Please make the most of it. HOW? Good question.
- You have 1 more DPUs due – Tues May 30. Do it well.
- Steady progress from where you are, through as much of the Coursera course or Inquiry you’re currently working on, is critical.
- Communicate with me via Basecamp regularly (weekly at the very least) to ask questions or communicate your progress.
- Regardless of where you end up, you MUST complete and turn in a DOL for the content area you are working on to demonstrate what you learned and how you’ve grown, by Friday, June 2nd (the week before finals).
Good morning…In reviewing our schedule, it’s seems a few adjustments are needed. Here is what the focus of today will be…
- Continue to research and provide answers to our Guiding Questions
- Continue working on our organization document so the research/answers are well organized
- Decide on the format of Deliverables 1 & 2
Naturally, once again we’re focused on our schedule. We have the following priorities…
- Complete our research
- Finish any interviews, and organize all information gained from them
- Answer all additional GQs
- Complete our organization document
Today is all about ‘doing the work’. Yep, collecting all of our findings, discussing them in our groups – and as a class – and making the decisions necessary to create our course curriculum outline and scope & sequence. By the end of today, the goals, at minimum, are to:
- Create a 1st draft of our CCO and S&S
- Discuss critically and suggest revisions
We will also be completing a reflection (link coming soon).
Please complete the Lesson 6 Reflection, and respond to at least 1 of our partner school’s student reflections. Please have this done before you walk in on Friday.
OPTIONALThese are the extra things you may choose to do throughout the week if you like.
The following are things you may choose to do for additional miles (MI) as well as capital (C) – not to mention to grow and learn and become better. Sometimes these optional items will relate directly to the work you’re doing, other times they will be random. Either way, they represent things the Guide feels are worth your time. As always, though, the required items above are the priority. Feel free to do these on your own time as well.
Nothing to see here folks…you’ve clearly shown that optional adventures are not of interest to you.