“That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly.
It is dearness only which gives everything its value.”
These are the things everyone is responsible for completing…
Hello Visitor, and welcome back. Finally a full week together! So much time (and room) for activities!
As always, if you have yet to complete any of the Weekly Expeditions or required Adventures up to this point, get to it straight away. Once everyone is fully engaged in an inquiry (which begins this week), that backlog will ease up and your weekly requirements (Expeditions and Adventures) will focus directly on your inquiry. But up to now, everything we’ve done so far is critical to your success, so please finish it quickly.
This week you’re going to complete the following:
- Adventure: Find Your Conference Schedule
- Tutorial: DPU – The Requirements
- Adventure: Content Cards – Explore and Decide
- Weekly Conference (yes, this is new, and it will be part of our process each week going forward)
- Publish your DPU
It’s a big week on the trail my friend, but I know you’re up for it. Jump right into the Monday tab and get moving.
Your required tasks are below. With a short period, time is of the essence.ADVENTURE: Find Your Conference Schedule
Prepare for Your Conference
Remember, during your conference, you’ll need to be prepared with/to…
- Give a 60 second update
- Bring all tangible things you’ve done in the past week
- Discuss short term goals
- Discuss long term goals
Take some time now to get yourself organized and ready to do all of the above.
Your required tasks are listed below.TUTORIAL: DPU – The RequirementsADVENTURE: Content Area Options
Your required tasks are listed below. Please hit the trail immediately.
PUBLISH YOUR DPU
Below are a few reminders about your DPU…ONE NOTE: please be sure to include which content area/online course you are going to start with. Please put your decision, along with your reason WHY you chose it, in your Long Term Goals section.
- Remember to read the DPU Tutorial to get super clear on what is expected in each section.
- Your DPU is to be published EVERY week on Friday. If we’re not in class that day, it’s up to you to get it done BY Friday. But keep in mind, it must reflect the entire week’s work, so you shouldn’t publish it early unless there’s a very good reason for it.
- Your DPU is to be published on the VistaPLA website (you must be logged in to that site to do this)
- Your DPU *must* use the format found on this document (hopefully you made a copy of this for yourself and have all the Author info included so you’re not redoing work unnecessarily each week)
- When you have published your DPU, you should claim credit for it by going to the Co-Op, finding the link for the Weekly DPU in the “Earned Income” section, and buying it (don’t worry, it doesn’t cost anything…rather, you get paid for it). You have until the end of class on Friday to claim this. Otherwise, you miss the opportunity. Claiming it late will result in penalties.
- Your DPU is a critical component to your grade (remember, we have no tests). It’s where you demonstrate how you’ve grown and what you’ve learned. To claim credit for completing this DPU, you absolutely have to give a significant effort. And if you don’t, not only will your grade in this class suffer, but so will your Miles and Capital, as you will be penalized for false claims. That is, by claiming the Miles and Capital for completing this weekly Adventure, you’re telling the Guide that you’ve done so with a level of effort that is worthy, and with the intention of showing meaningful growth. If it’s clear by reading through your DPU that this isn’t the case, well, that’s a false claim. And as you know, one of our core values in The Narrows is Integrity, which means we deal honestly in all we do, and we work today with an eye toward the future. We build foundations today that can support the future we want.
- This week’s DPU MUST include your content-area choice, so please be sure to discuss that. How/Why did you choose that topic? Is there something you’re thinking of exploring within that content area? There’s plenty more to include, of course, but this item si a must.
- Whatever you include, EFFORT is everything.
These are the extra things you may choose to do throughout the week if you like.
The following are things you may choose to do for additional miles (MI) as well as capital (C) – not to mention to grow and learn and become better. Sometimes these optional items will relate directly to the work you’re doing, other times they will be random. Either way, they represent things the Guide feels are worth your time. As always, though, the required items above are the priority. Feel free to do these on your own time as well.
No new optional adventures this week…yet. :)