Rights of Refugees Discussion
Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Define ‘Refugee’ and explain how the definition has changed over time
- Identify the specific human rights States are obligated to respect when refugees request asylum
Do Now – 5 minutes
- Please open your notebooks to page 26-27 and be prepared to talk about your work over the past 2 days
- Go around your table taking turns reading one of the questions from p. 26 as well as your answer to it
LESSON – 20 minutes
A very short day…just enough time to talk about the work you’ve done over the past couple of days. Please be prepared to share your learning.
Closing – 0 minutes
Too short for a closing today folks, sorry.
Please respond to the Basecamp message board item called “Homework: Thursday 3/8/18”
- Identify the 30 human rights, prioritize among these rights, and articulate why human rights are important to them as individuals
- Apply understanding of human rights to new situations
- Demonstrate the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective
- Synthesize understanding about existing HRs, and about HRs issues in our community to develop new, relevant ideas that connect to our community
This Week’s Agenda
Continue Tuesday’s work
Discuss the work from Tue/Wed
Digging into US policy on Refugees
Quote of the Week
“The time as we know it subjectively is often the chronology that stories and novels follow: it is the continuous thread of revelation.”Eudora Welty
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.