Speaker: Sara Jacobs
Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Engage in active listening
- Connect human rights to issues relevant to our community
Do Now – 0 minutes
- Just be ready to listen actively. :)
LESSON – 50 minutes
Sara Jacobs will be speaking to us today. Some background on Ms. Jacobs is below, as is a link to her website…
“Sara Jacobs has dedicated her career to fighting for a fairer, more equitable world and finding innovative solutions to some of the most complex problems facing the most vulnerable people — at home and around the world. She’s running for Congress to bring a fresh approach to government, and close the opportunity gaps that exist in Southern California and across our nation.
An experienced policy-maker, Sara has served in key policy positions at the U.S. State Department under the Obama Administration, UNICEF, and the United Nations. She was also proud to use her expertise to serve as a foreign policy advisor to Secretary Hillary Clinton during her 2016 campaign for president.” (Sara Jacobs for CA)
Closing – 0 minutes
No closing activity today.
Sorry to disappoint you, but no homework today. :)
- Identify the 30 human rights, prioritize among these rights, and articulate why human rights are important to them as individuals
- Apply understanding of human rights to new situations
- Demonstrate the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective
- Synthesize understanding about existing HRs, and about HRs issues in our community to develop new, relevant ideas that connect to our community
This Week’s Agenda
Quote of the Week
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can, and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”Buddha
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.