Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Explain the importance of refining work
- Describe the characteristics of high quality work
Do Now – 5 minutes
- Please open your notebooks to page 24 and write the following prompt at the top…
After the listening party, what would you add or change about your podcast and why?
Skip one line and then respond to the prompt.
Please keep in mind, reflection is a CRITICAL part of learning. Whether you did great, or failed miserably, reflecting on the process and outcome is like a 2nd chance. Don’t waste it. Think deeply about what you accomplished, and how it compared to what you heard from others. And then come up with ideas about how you might add to or change that finished product to make it better.
LESSON – 30 minutes
Today we’re going to spend some time listening to a student EXEMPLARa person or thing serving as a typical example or excellent model.. My hope is that by listening to this example – one that scored very well based on my rubric – we’ll be able to identify what it is that makes it such a good example.
Along the way, I’ll ask some questions for you to consider in your groups, and then write down answers to in your notebooks.
High Quality Student Examples
Questions to Consider:
- What stood out to you?
- Does this podcast tell a story?
- If you hadn’t read Of Mice and Men, do you think you’d have a good understanding of the guest/character after listening to this podcast?
- Does this podcast make human rights a primary focus?
- Did this student example include all the required sections? How about the optional ones?
- What did this example include that your podcast did not?
- What, if anything, did you think was particularly creative in this example?
- What suggestions do you have to improve on this example?
Closing – 5 minutes
In completing your challenge, what problems occurred during the writing and recording process, and how did you solve these problems to complete your project?
No homework tonight
We’re between units at the moment, and will be until after Spring break. However, that doesn’t mean we have no goals for the next 2 weeks. Our priorities include the following:
- Debrief our recent project in order to spend some time considering what went well and how we might improve on our work
- Familiarize ourselves with the Global Nomads Campfire program
- Gain some background knowledge about our partner classroom’s country/culture
- Start the Campfire program
This Week’s Agenda
We’ll do some foundation work to familiarize ourselves with the Campfire program
Introduce Lesson 1 in Campfire
Campfire Lesson 2
Quote of the Week
“Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”John Muir
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.