Final Challenge Work Time
Wednesday 2/28/18 & Thursday 3/1/18
Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Present a completed script and podcast in accordance with the requirements of the current challenge
Do Now – 0 minutes
- Please just be prepared to jump into the work of completing your scripts and making your podcasts
LESSON – 50 minutes
These two days are all about you working in your groups to complete your challenge. The focus at this point is to complete your script drafts, get feedback on your drafts, refine your drafts (make changes based on that feedback) and, finally, to record your completed podcast.
Mrs. Anderson and I are available to help with whatever questions you have, but it’s critical that you stay focused and remain productively working on your challenge.
Of Mice and Men PDF
Universal Declaration of HR
Closing – 0 minutes
On work days like this we don’t have closing activities.
For the duration of this challenge, your only homework is to do whatever work you need to do to in order to produce meaningful, high quality work.
Pro Tip…do the work. 15 or 20 minutes a night could easily be the difference between D level work and A level work.
- Identify the 30 human rights, prioritize among these rights, and articulate why human rights are important to them as individuals
- Apply understanding of human rights to new situations
- Demonstrate the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective
- Synthesize understanding about existing HRs, and about HRs issues in our community to develop new, relevant ideas that connect to our community
This Week’s Agenda
Today is a workday, but we have 2 key priorities around Guiding Questions and Podcast Structure
Another work day, with another priority…specifically, getting clear about what is expected on your character and human right(s) justification
Work day with a focus on finishing drafts and/or refining work based on peer feedback
Work day dedicated to refining scripts and creating your podcast
Quote of the Week
“The time as we know it subjectively is often the chronology that stories and novels follow: it is the continuous thread of revelation.”Eudora Welty
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.