Adobe Spark Tutorial Refresher
Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Connect Characters from Of Mice and men to specific human rights issues based directly on textual evidence
- Identify human rights violations experienced by the 5 main characters
- Create an Adobe Spark video and use that tool to create their podcast
Do Now – 5 minutes
- Notebooks & pencils at the ready
- Jigsaw worksheet out
- Computers out
- Talk to your table group about what you thought of the PROCESS of filling out the jigsaw worksheet yesterday
LESSON – 55 minutes
Today is yours for work time. However, you do have three priorities:
- Please watch the below Adobe Spark tutorial (10 minutes), just as a refresher. You’ll use Adobe Spark to record your Podcasts
- Continue working on your Character/Quote Jigsaw
- Begin developing your scripts
Of Mice and Men PDF
Universal Declaration of HR
Closing – 0 minutes
On work days like this we don’t have closing activities.
For the duration of this challenge, your only homework is to do whatever work you need to do to in order to produce meaningful, high quality work.
Pro Tip…do the work. 15 or 20 minutes a night could easily be the difference between D level work and A level work.
- Identify the 30 human rights, prioritize among these rights, and articulate why human rights are important to them as individuals
- Apply understanding of human rights to new situations
- Demonstrate the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective
- Synthesize understanding about existing HRs, and about HRs issues in our community to develop new, relevant ideas that connect to our community
This Week’s Agenda
Introduce the new challenge
Jigsaw activity to help connect quotes/textual evidence from the book to specific human rights
Adobe Spark video tutorial
Quote of the Week
“What kinda harm am I doin’ to you? Seems like they ain’t none of them cares how I gotta live. I tell you I ain’t used to livin’ like this. I coulda made somethin’ of myself. Maybe I will yet.”Curley's Wife
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.