Finishing up our #1 Human Right
Today’s Objective(s): SWBAT
- Prioritize the 30 HR by identifying the HR they think is most important (Unit LTO)
- Communicate ideas effectively (Course LTO)
- Support ideas based on sound reasoning (Course LTO)
Do Now – 1 minutes
Please take out your notebooks and be prepared to get right to work on the HR prioritization activity.
LESSON – 40 minutes
You should have begun the prioritizing activity on Thursday, and it should now be safely taped into your notebooks. Please keep it there.
I’m giving you 20 minutes today to complete that work – it’s the last class-time you’ll have to do so. Please use it wisely.
We have a bit of an odd week, so I wanted to take the last few minutes of class to discuss it…to prepare you for what’s to come.
We’ll be digging into a podcast to explore some history and begin applying our newfound knowledge about human rights.
We have another guest speaker coming to the library. Most of us will meet there during period 2, from 8:30 – 9:00. As a result, your time in Challenge will be spent completing your English requirements, or getting caught up on any Notebook items you haven’t yet finished.
This will be another podcast day, continuing our exploration of Cold War history and human rights.
With just 3 days to work with, we’ll have a busy week. It will be the official beginning of your English-Challenge final project mash-up, and you’ll be completing that project on either 3/5 or 3/6 (so, it’s about 2 weeks long).
Closing – 3 minutes
Let’s get our Table of Contents filled out and up to date to start the week off on the right foot. :) We’ll do this together.
Please respond to the Basecamp Message Board item titled “Homework: Monday 2/12/18”.
- Identify the 30 human rights, prioritize among these rights, and articulate why human rights are important to them as individuals
- Apply understanding of human rights to new situations
- Demonstrate the ability to see the world from another person’s perspective
- Synthesize understanding about existing HRs, and about HRs issues in our community to develop new, relevant ideas that connect to our community
This Week’s Agenda
Finishing up our HR Prioritization and previewing the week ahead.
Digging into some Cold War History by listening to a podcast, and applying our HR knowledge
We have a speaker coming – we’ll be meeting in the Library during period 2
More podcast/history/human rights fun
Quote of the Week
“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can, and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”Buddha
Jeb is here to help...
- Drop by before or after school
- Come in at lunch
- Ping me on Basecamp
- Pass me a note
Whatever you do, don’t just
sit there wondering.
Get the help you need.