Tuesday 9/19/2017 – OPENING:
We’re going to start the day with 3 minutes of mindfulness.
Okay, today’s work is mostly just a housekeeping item. As part of how we’ll operate in this class, we’re going to use a tool called Basecamp. In order to do so, we need to get everyone signed up and enrolled in our class team space, so that’s the first order of business. We’ll do that together in each period.
Once done, once everyone is logged in and ready to go, you’ll work with your table group to answer 3 simple questions…
- What is Basecamp?
- What kinds of things can we do with Basecamp?
- Why did Jeb have us sign up for Basecamp?
And as a bonus, if you can share anything else you think might be important for us to know about Basecamp, that would be great.
The goals here are as follows:
- Practice working together to find specific information.
- Become familiar with the use of a tool that will serve you well, both here at school and beyond.
- Experience what collaboration looks/feels like.
“The most important thing you’ll learn in 13 years of school has nothing to do with content. It’s about establishing good habits, developing a strong work ethic, and nurturing curiosity.”